Every year the Two Writing Teachers host a Slice of Life Challenge, inviting teachers and students to write for the 31 days in March https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/challenges/ . There are three different ways you can participate, and I have posted the link right here.
I have yet to rise to this challenge and write every day of the month, but I start out each March with determination, and inevitably, I write more often due to the motivation provided by this group. This year I will once again try to summon the grit to write daily for the month of March. In the midst of report cards, Digital Learning Day and a whole lot of other projects, I have the distinct feeling this will be more than I can muster, but try we will.
The challenge is to write daily about a little window of your life. So here we go, here’s a brief insight into mine. Today I declared this first day of March Pajama Day. When my kids were young, they had the power to call a pajama day once a school year. As long as there were no tests or pending assignments, they could declare a day that everyone in the house stays home, and in their pajamas. I had a particularly stressful week last week, so I set my sites for today. I even posted on my Facebook wall a few times to inspire myself to keep going, pajama day was coming.
When life is so busy you must schedule downtime, I highly recommend Pajama Day. The rules are simple.
1. You sleep in (as long as the puppies/kids in the house let you).
2. You wear pajamas, all day. (No, sweats don’t count. And if you have fuzzy slippers all the better.)
3. You never leave the house. (This may require preplanning to make sure you have coffee and snacks, so plan accordingly.)
4. Only people close enough to you and your family may visit on Pajama Day, and it is preferred they do so in their pajamas.
5. You make comfort food, that does not require much time off the couch. (The crock pot and bread machine were my friends today)
That’s it! So today was spent playing in digital spaces, cooking and hanging with my hubby and pups in my pajamas. I was even able to participate in the #cwpchat this morning hanging out on the couch in my pajamas.
So consider taking on the writing challenge, and taking a day to hang in your pajamas. Both activities will feed your soul.
Happy First day of March! What was your slice of life today?